Saturday 23 January 2016

Back again



Yes, back again.

Blogging.


It being such a success previously....

Anyhow, having, finally, settled into a rigid writing regime, I find I have the time, and more importantly, I need the variety.  So a-posting I will go.  For now.

This week, I went to Waterstones, Piccadilly, for a book launch.
Firstly, I love this store.  In the old 'Simpsons of Piccadilly', it houses six floors of books, comfy chairs, and a coffee shop that always seems to be at least half-occupied by wistful, staring-into-space would-be writers. (I'll be the guy in the corner, watching, giving everybody character-defining, Dickensian-ish names.)
(Alert - hyphen use limit breached.) (Alert - bracket use limit reached.) (Alert - alert limit breached.)
The Art-Deco building only enhances the noble experience of buying a book.  It is a temple.  Go there.






The event itself, was a new experience for me, as it was for the newly published Amy Liptrot, who was exceedingly nervous.  But charming. She spoke candidly about her difficult life, and tried to speak about her writing style and effort.  This was where she struggled a little, I believe because her style is so natural to her, the process so free, that to explain it verbally was very difficult.  Especially in front of a crowd.  No doubt as her success continues, she will develop the stock answers and anecdotes that most authors have to such repetitive questions.  But I'm not being snippy, I simply mean it was refreshing to see someone so natural and honest, struggle to explain the abstract. (God, I'm drifting.)
So, moving on, it was good, I enjoyed it, can't wait to read her book.




Thanks for reading this.  I'll keep the posts short and sweet.
Tune in next time to remind yourself you're not the biggest eejit on tinterwebnet.
Good luck.

-----oOo-----

No comments:

Post a Comment